Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tampico & Ciudad Victoria Trip........ Part 2






First away game was a success. We won 88-80 against the Tampico Huracanes. Overall we played pretty well, a little unorganized at times but we made up for it with good defense and hustle. Individually I played hard and have to look to be more aggressive. Surprise surprise right? I am looking to pass when I break my defender down and get in the paint. I did that a couple times tonight fortunately it none of them resulted in a turnover just missed attempts. I also missed a free-throw tonight went 3-4, which I was hoping to go 100% for the season but I guess I'll have to settle for 95% lol. I was 1-6 from the field with 5pts, 4 assts, 4rebs & 2atls in 20min. I got to match up against one the best PG to ever play in Mexico and also part of the Pre-selection team for the MNT Omar Quintero.


Our crowd is great at home and our gym is really nice but we lack numbers. Tonight's game was packed, probably 3000+. They have a university here and supposedly they are well funded. It was a fun environment to play in just wish I would have contributed a little more. Effort was there though and we got the W. That's all you can ask for.


I woke up this morning to the sounds of soccer being played outside our hotel room at 8am. Went back to sleep till about 10am and tried to call Lele because I couldn't get her last night. Struck out again! I had an awesome breakfast this morning. Buffet style, 124pesos, all you can eat. I'll probably skip lunch because I ate so much. Plus we have a 3-4 hour drive to Ciudad Victoria.


After brunch I chilled by the pool with some teammates work on the tan. We met an interest old fellow, who I didn't get the name of but he was a German born, Polished raised, immigrant of Canada. He was there visiting his wife's family. I got a kick out of it when I shared a few polish phrases I learned while playing over there.



We hit the road a little after 2pm and arrived in Victoria at 6pm. We checked and headed to the gym for practice at 6:30pm. We ran through all our plays, got some shots up and was out of the gum by 8:40pm. I enjoyed a nice supreme pizza from Little Caesars.


I had a rough night of sleep last night. Never really felt I fell asleep to be honest. Room was cold then it was hot. I woke up every hour or so. I am a pretty dedicated abs workout guy and today at shoot-around coach wanted me to show him how I do my workouts. Pretty comical to say the least and we got a good laugh out if it. My pre game meal was 4 soft tacos, rice & beans. Wasn't the best I've ever had but I was pretty happy i was still full from the large pizza the night before.

Tonight's game we won and I only played 10min. I had 7pts, 1asst, 1reb & 1stl. Not much to say about my proformance. I played. 8 min in the second qtr and the last 2.5 min of the fourth. I'm struggling playing back up. I can't get warm and need to do a better job if getting loose some how. I'm not trying to make excuses, I just want to contribute. We'll move this funk/slump to 3 games now. Gotta get over this hump and start making things happen. Otherwise I can kiss Venezuela good bye...


I hope all is well back home. I don't know if I've mentioned in any of my old blogs but I'll be home for my sister's wedding on Dec. 27th. Looking forward to that special event and also being home for the holidays to see everyone. I love and miss you more than you know. Until next time...................... Love