Sunday, September 4, 2011

States, Shoes & 1-0...



After practice most of the team and myself went across the border to get a nice meal, shop & chill. When I left the states I had 2 pairs of Kobe VIs. Unfortunately they both broke so I bought myself the hyperfuse lows and the air max 360 BB lows. I gave my old shoes to a junior (young kid) on the team. All he needs is a little super glue and they'll be as good as new. I normally try to eat well especially during season but these last few trips to Wal-Mart have been full of sweets. It's all good I've been working hard this pre-season. Man I love chips ahoy chewy though.

Sept. 2:


So we had our first game tonight against Xalapas (team with the highest budget in the league). Although I didn't get to start I played 25min had 10pts 3assts 2stls 1reb. It was great to finally start the season. The other team had a few guys I played with on the national team and a guy I played against in college. We ended up winning by 13 points and my roommate, who had 26pts, ended the game with a dunk to put an exclamation point on the win.

We have a game tomorrow against Vera Cruz. It will be another tough game. If we can play good defense like we did and make up for our lack of height with hustle as we did also, we should fair well in this game also...

I hope all is well back home. Until next time.............. Love